Tuesday, April 25, 2006
Jesus and Elvis
Although we have tried several times to explain the differences, Lucie mysteriously persists in associating Jesus with Elvis. Recently, referring to a postcard of Elvis on our fridge, she asked, "Why do we have a picture of Jesus on our fridge?" I explained that that was Elvis, that Elvis was a rock star, and that Jesus was someone totally different. I told her as much as I could recall about Jesus' life, and we started reading some Bible stories. More recently, undoubtedly influenced by a recent viewing of Benji, she was asking me what we would do if she were kidnapped. Among other things, I explained the concept of ransom, and said, "But no one is going to try to kidnap you, because we don't have any money." She thought about that a while and then said, "It's a good thing that Jesus and Elvis didn't have any children." "Well," I started, "Elvis did have children, and Jesus wasn't rich..."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This is so funny! Thanks for sharing. There's an Episcopal ad for Easter with pictures of Jesus and Elvis side by side with a caption that says something like "Apparently, some people are still confused about which one was raised from the dead." (After which, the local Episcopal church is supposed to put the times of their Easter services.)
Post a Comment