Sunday, August 17, 2008

Ice skating

We took Lucie and Milo ice skating for the first time today. Our friend Maureen joined us on the ice, while Craig kept the bench warm.


These skates looked cool but were really dull. Lucie and I exchanged ours for some old, beat up skates that hadn't been rented in a very long time and were much sharper. That made things much easier.


Lucie skating with Maureen. We were so proud of her persistence, and of her progress. She was really going great at the end.




Milo was reluctant to enter the rink at first. He stood in the doorway and said, "I scared I will fall down." But after watching everyone for a while, and thinking about it, he said, "I want to go on the ice." Milo also made amazing progress.



Both kids appear to be hooked and want to go back again soon.

No comments: