Wednesday, February 27, 2008

SWT seeks princess. Who knew?

The scene: Milo and Daddy are watching the annoying beginning part of a DVD that electronically prevents you from skipping the advertisement. The D*sney logo comes up and a familiar character flies across the screen, waving her wand and trailing pixie dust.

Milo: I want that princess.*

Daddy: That's not a princess. That's a fairy. Her name is Tinkerbell.

Milo (in a really high voice, with as much incredulity as one could possibly ascribe to a two-year old): TINkerbell? (after a pause, now with a low bemused voice) Heh heh heh.

*K maintains that this is the funny part of the story.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Single White Toddler?? I always imagine that companies like this employ armies of psychologists to analyze kids and use that data to refine colors and textures until it's virtually impossible for kids not to be infatuated with their products. Maybe I'm paranoid.