When Milo was a baby, he used to wave and yell, "Hi!" to everyone in a particularly charming way. If there was a lull in the dinnertime conversation, and Milo caught you looking at him, he would smile and say, "Hi!" Remember that? Sadly, he now says "hi" to people with a normal frequency and level of enthusiasm. In this post I want to record some of his other quirks, before they, too, vanish.
Have I already mentioned that Milo is a snapping prodigy? I don't know when most children develop this skill, but Milo has been doing it for months now. In his Milo way, he saw us doing it and put his mind to figuring it out. Now he snaps for the joy of it, as well as (for some reason) before falling asleep, sometimes.
Have we mentioned that Milo likes to table dance? Here he snaps and dances at the same time.
Milo has a communication style that is oddly clear and complete for a two-year-old. He speaks slowly and deliberately, almost robotically, with all connector words included. "Oh, no, that is not very good." "Oh, that is very fun." "I want milk, also."
Milo likes to use the word, "okay," as in, "Don't do that, okay?" or "I want to see that, okay?" It is perhaps most often used in trying to pre-emptively counter arguments that he knows are about to be presented to him. "I won't break it, okay?" "I not fall down and crack mine neck, okay?"
He still uses "mine" for "my," as in, "Where is mine water gum?"
Milo is also coming out with some record-breaking speeches, in terms of length. The night before last, Chris was going to go upstairs with him, but he told Chris, "You wake me up in the morning and I will come downstairs and get dressed. Good night."
Friday, April 04, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment